Sunday 11 September 2011

First Hand Account of a Successful Territorial Army Commission Candidate

Following is the write up received from Jairaj Singh Bisht, a regular reader who was benefited from the information of this blog and got selected for the Territorial Army Commission.

"I am describing my Services Selection Board  experience for the benefit of others.

JOURNEY
Our reporting date for Territorial Army Services Selection Board  was 30th of July 2011, 2 PM at Bhopal railway station. However a major problem started on route to Bhopal only. I boarded the Punjab mail in Mumbai @ 8PM on 29th with an ETA of 9.30AM at Bhopal. On route a bridge collapsed at Bhusawal, and the train was delayed by 15 hrs. I was worried that my candidature would be cancelled as I would be unable to report in time. I called up my friends who were also reporting for Services Selection Board  from Delhi, and asked them to inform the Movement Control Office and Services Selection Board . I also kept trying the Bhopal Services Selection Board  number, but no one picked up. After trying the number for nearly 100 times I finally got thru at 9 PM (7 hrs after cut off). I explained to the duty JCO that I was delayed due to unforeseeable circumstances and would reach by 1 AM only. The duty JCO was very considerate and said that although the paperwork of the candidates was done and chest numbers assigned, he would make a special case for me and do it at 5 AM in the morning as the screening would commence at 6.30 AM. The JCO told me to spend the night at Bhopal station and report at 5 AM , however I insisted that I would report to Services Selection Board  by 1 AM ( I didn’t want to take any chances), and asked him to leave my roll no and name at the gate and I would show my call up letter to the guard on arrival. He said that was ok and he would do that, but getting into the cantonment was my responsibility, as the CMP check ID at such late hours. I searched the train for any person who resembled a fauji and after 5-6 tries, by GOD's grace finally found one who was also heading to Bhopal; he very kindly agreed to take me to the Services Selection Board  at such a late hour. It was with his ID card and his company that the Military Police allowed me in to the cantonment. I finally reached the Services Selection Board  at 1 AM (11hrs late) and the JCO true to his word had left my details at the gate and I was allowed to enter inside. My chest number and paper work was done in the morning. I had also on arrival at Bhopal station got it written by the station master that my train was delayed, so in case they need proof of the delay.
I am sharing this to let candidates know, that if they are delayed due to whatever reasons, don’t give up and turn back, but keep trying and reach the destination, those people at Services Selection Board  are also humans and understand, some situations which are beyond human control. However, keep the Services Selection Board  number which is in the letter handy, keep trying even if no one picks up,  inform your buddies to inform the MCO and Services Selection Board  that you are delayed and on route, get your ticket endorsed by the station master that train was delayed.
Services Selection Board reporting is generally at 7 AM or 2 PM at Movement Control Office, for 7 AM reporting screening is generally same day for 2 PM it is on next day. I was lucky that my reporting was 2 PM otherwise; I would have missed screening and lost out seeing this experience I would suggest it’s better to reach a day in advance especially for 7 AM reporting and stay in a hotel. Be careful about all your documents, they should all be there and in proper order, three candidates were sent back as they didn't have proper documentation.
For our Services Selection Board , there was only one primary date and no absentee date, a must to check on call up letter.
DAY-1 (Screening Test)
Reasoning:
Consists of two tests of i.e., mental reasoning an mathematical ability of approx 25 minutes each, done back to back, Competition success review is a good source to practice from. Total of 100 questions, if u don’t know the answer skip it, do the ones that you know, and time permits come back to it later. If you can’t answer all questions don’t panic, I myself missed out around 10 questions.
PPDT (Picture Perception and Description Test)
There is a short break, which is followed by a picture test.
You are shown picture which is clear or blurred for 30 sec and you have to write a story within 4 minutes after a buzzer is sounded.
The picture we were shown was blurred.
It’s important to write a short brief story, nothing long or complicated, as one has to narrate it later. Describe the picture, the characters, what led to the situation and most importantly a clear positive outcome. Be positive in all aspects. Keep the story short as it’s easy to narrate and remember.
Narration & Discussion
We were divided in groups of 15, made to sit in a semi circle, and were then asked to go over our stories. There were three examiners who were assessing us, I didn’t go over my story again as it was short and simple and I had memorized it, as it was easy to do so. We all then were given one minute individually to narrate it. My narration was short, crisp, flowing and to the point, no stammering or blank pauses, that was very helpful, because after that all pandemonium broke loose. We were instructed after the last narration we had to discuss the story and come to a conclusion. As I was last to narrate, the fish market then took over. So much shouting and yelling, words were incomprehensible.
Conclusion
The assessors then intervened and divided us into two sub groups and gave both a choice of coming to a conclusion. the first group sobered down and came to a conclusion, when our turn came one gentleman went berserk and started screaming and shouting, flapping his arms violently and didn’t give anyone a chance to speak, I was disappointed with his behavior , but didn’t lose my cool, though he really pushed it. As it was expected due to his behavior we didn’t come to a conclusion, as no one got a chance to speak. As I was hardly able to give too many inputs in the group discussion, I thought my number was up.
Screening Results
After a while the results were declared and out of 78, 27 were screened in. From our sub group of eight only three were screened in. the guy who was extremely aggressive wasn’t selected. The conclusion I can draw is, it’s good to be aggressive but NEVER over do it, give others a chance. The assessors are seeing that. Even if u are unable to make inputs, due to the pandemonium, whenever you get a chance, make it crisp and sensible, than breaking into a speech. Although my contribution to the Group Discussion was limited, my narration was good. That’s why I feel the narration is important as the assessors see your fluency, thinking ability, command over language, reasoning and confidence, try finishing the story within the time allotted, and make it comprehensible, the examiner should not interrupt you and say next story please.
We were then issued fresh chest numbers. The subsequent tests would follow.
We then were made to fill PIQ (Personal Information Questionnaire), with all our details, family education, hobbies etc...Please be honest with this as the PIQ is the basis of you being questioned by the Group Testing Officer (Group Testing Officer) and the Interviewing Officer.
DAY-2 (Psychological Tests)

PPDT (Picture Perception and Description Test)
Consists of 12 slides with a picture shown for a brief moment 30sec, then u get approx four minutes and 30 seconds to write a story on it. 
Same types of test like the picture story of first day except that you get 12 pictures and in the end you don’t have to narrate the story. Kept my stories simple described the picture, what led to it and a positive outcome. Almost all my stories had a sports/adventure theme. I described the protagonist as a positive person, part of a team, team player, and initiator. All stories had a team / buddy theme. NO RAMBO, NO SUPERMAN AND NO ONE MAN ARMY and no negativity. A positive mood and outcome was central to all stories. 
The 12th and last slide was blank and we had to write a story from imagination. I wrote about my passion for cricket and I helping my team win a championship. Again the emphasis was me contributing and helping a team.
WAT (word association test)
We were then shown 60 words on a screen with a gap of 15 seconds, and were supposed to write a sentence of what we associated with the word. The word shown on the screen need not be a part of the sentence. For example for the word "love" I wrote "universal", for "success" I wrote handwork, honesty, and resilience.
SRT (situation reaction test)
We were then given a booklet of 60 situations and were given approx 30 minutes to complete it. I wrote only 42 situations out of 60, if you can’t complete all 60 don’t worry, quality of your response to an adverse situation is more important than quantity. Most of my reactions had thinking, courage, discretion and resilience as response, again no Superman or Rambo response.
Self Assessment
The last test was a self assessment, we had to write briefly of what our parents, teachers, colleague’s thought of us, in first person as well as a self description of us, our strengths, weakness and areas we would like to improve.
Please note no watches are allowed.
DAY-3 (Group Testing Tasks)

Group Discussion
We were divided into three groups, eight were in my group. We had a group discussion first. We were given two topics one which we chose and the other which the Group Testing Officer gave us. Both related to current affairs. Discussion was for seven and a half minutes each. We had decided as a group we would behave properly, cooperate with each other and give each other respect and speaking time, as we had all seen what had happened in the screening. This was a reason why we did so well. Our Group Discussions went fantastically and we cooperated and gave respect to each other, we behaved like potential officers, and because of our cooperation we reached unanimous conclusions on both Group Discussions. Though some of us had divergent views, with rationalization and debate we concluded on a similar conclusion for both topics. I would say this was the defining moment of my Services Selection Board experience, I had been to two Services Selection Boards before, recommended once before and conference out once, but in earlier occasions we never had the camaraderie, we had this time. I think it comes with age and experience that team work is more important than individual aims. The army is so short of officers and there are so many vacancies that in the Services Selection Board you are not competing with the man next to you, but with yourself, better yourself. The man next to you is your buddy and if you all cooperate, every bodies chance of being recommended increases. Out of us eight, three were recommended; even the Group Testing Officer praised our cooperation and this set out tone for the remainder of the Group Testing Officer tasks.
Military Planning
We were given a map, and multiple objectives to solve in a limited time period. We all decided on the priorities of the emergency, and how we would divide ourselves into sub groups to achieve all collective tasks. Again we showed a lot of team work and civility to each other and solved the problem. I was amazed how when a group works in a calm, cooperative manner, the tasks is so easily solved, rather than it being reduced to a fish market. The group nominated me to present the plan to the Group Testing Officer.
Obstacle Race (snake race)
We were given a rope (snake) which we all had to carry over a series of obstacles, as a group. We did it successfully helping each other out. Two of my buddies were very cooperative helping the others out where they fumbled, they did so selflessly, and both were later recommended, but of course they performed in other tasks also.
PGT (Progressive Group Task) 
A series of obstacles to be completed with a load, following certain ground rules. We cooperated well cleared the first two obstacles and on the third ran into problems. for once my mind went blank and I had no clue/ suggestion. however one of our buddies saved the day and came up with a brilliant suggestion. In a situation like this it’s important to take a moment out of the pressure cooker and think calmly, like this buddy of ours did.
HGT (Half Group Task)
We were divided into groups of four, basically halved in strength, the Group Testing Officer told us that in a big group, some people being reserved aren’t unable to contribute so in a smaller group, they are more likely to. He was right, four one of our buddies who was the quietest in the lost, stole the thunder and made us complete the task in around two minutes. A good example for all that you do get a chance.
Lecture
We were then given individual lectures cards randomly and had to speak on a topic we chose, out of four on the card. Time three minutes, I spoke on my topic with confidence, clearly stating facts as they were and solutions recommendations on the topic assigned. I had done a lot of reading as preparation three newspapers a day (especially edit section), news channels and of course competition CSR, Manorma year book, so I was very comfortable with all four topics which I could have chosen from.
DAY-4
Individual Obstacle
Horribly wet day with a tremendous downpour which wouldn’t seem to subside. We had our individual obstacles that day. Earlier one guy from a different course had broken his arm, so our collective mood was somber.
The Group Testing Officer sprang a surprise and reversed the order this day, so I being the last chest no, thanks to my late entry, was the first to go. I have done obstacles before, but for the first time I was a bit afraid, coz of what had happened to the guy before us, and the ropes and ground were very slippery. I just blanked my mind out to the fear and said just do it, if you feel fear the best thing is to overcome it. I slipped and fell of the first obstacle pretty badly, but I picked up myself and continued, I again slipped on the fourth obstacle, but again picked up and continued, the balancing beams I failed once but didn’t give up, till I completed it. I was on the 10th obstacle when the Group Testing Officer blew the whistle, but I came down only after completing it. As it was wet and slippery out of us eight only four completed all obstacles, however even those guys slipped, failed on the first attempt on a few obstacles, but they kept trying. I feel the Group Testing Officer sees courage and determination more than how many obstacles you complete. One buddy fell horribly in the double ditch, but he stilled picked him up and finished the course.
Command Task 
We were all turn by turn appointed as individual commanders, and given a obstacle to clear with two helpers, whom were to be chosen from our buddies. This is where we all cooperated and saw to it that everyone was called as a helper at least twice. I did my command test comfortably. Important to keep a cool mind and logical thinking.
FGT (Final Group Task)
A final obstacle was given to all of us a united group, which we completed easily as by now we were all pros. in all tasks I gave suggestions, contributions, help, I was totally involved and not a fringe player, however I would say I had some brilliant buddies, who made it all seem so simple.
The Group Testing Officer was very pleased with us and told us twice this is one of the best batches I have seen, not on individual brilliance , but on cooperation and team work. I was very happy with my group as I was very worried we would splinter up as people had during the screening. the other important thing was, there were three buddies from Calcutta and three odd us from Dehradun, we could have so easily broken into groups , but such a thing never came up, we all cooperated with each other. There was a Sikh gentleman from Dehradun who was the moving force he had everyone in peals of laughter with his humor. The tasks finish by 1230 PM and you have the rest of the day with your buddies. This is the time for real bonding, we all kept as a group and went to town as one, and this showed in our group tasks. Very important to gel as a group, and not to splinter or break apart.
Interview
Interviews started from the second day, but again I was last to be interviewed on the penultimate day. Interview lasted 40 minutes; questions asked were from the Personal Information Questionnaire, I had filled, about my education, family, hobbies, sports, work profile. Then I was asked questions on general knowledge/current affairs. Topics covered were Palestine, Sri Lanka, and computers. I answered all questions correctly. Thanks to my reading. I would say CSR is very important as almost 90% topics are covered there. Go through it with a sieve.
I would like to add some of my buddies couldn’t answer some of the questions , but they were still selected , because when they didn’t now an answer they honestly said , I am sorry sir, I don’t know the answer. No beating around the bush or giving false answers. The Services Selection Board wants us to be soldiers not Einstein’s or noble prize winners.
LAST DAY
The last day was the conference. Again the order was reversed, and I being the last chest number went first. All the officers were in uniform now and were seated in a semi circle. The Interviewing Officer  asked me how my stay was and any thought I could have done better. I was honest and told him in the progressive group task, in the final obstacle I went blank. He then asked me any recommendations. I said no sir (in my last Services Selection Board  when I was conference out I had given some recommendations, but Maj Surender Singh had chided me, boss no recommendations in Indian army, keep your mouth shut.  
He again asked me no recommendations? Are you sure? He was hoping for something, but my lips were sealed for posterity.
As they say waiting is the worst part. We waited for an hour after the conference was held. Had lunch or whatever we could shove down our throats. We were led into the examination hall where a Major appeared before us and gave us a pep talk on how if you are not selected you are destined for better things in life, and how the army is not the end of the world, a sick sense of déjà-vu, basically he was trying to comfort us, batches before us had been washed out. however I was certain some of us salmons would make it to spawn, had swam so many seas, against the tide, dodged so many bears, at least some of us deserved bliss. He then announced the results, five of you have made it, I will give the results in reverse order, when I call out your chest no, stand up repeat your roll no and name. Chest No 27.........I got up said my roll no, but almost choked on my name. And most importantly I thanked GOD; I almost didn't make it to Bhopal.
This is a very touching time as you have made it but most of your buddies haven’t which is very saddening. I didn’t go overboard in rejoicing keeping their sentiments in mind, kept things low key, alas my brother also didn’t make it, so I had very mixed feelings. I had also been conference out once so I knew what one goes through, taking the long unending journey home.
The reason I made it was not because I was better than them, but b’coz certain things clicked for me which didn’t from them. That’s why keep trying. In the words of Freddy Truman, "when u give up, you really don’t realize how close u were to winning"
there were so many guys I was sure of making it who didn’t, chest no’s 23, 20, 19, 17, 14, 11, eight. I just hope they keep trying and don’t give up. I hope I am an inspiration, if I can make it so can they and I am sure that is the story in most Services Selection Board, they are so many fantastic guys who don’t, keep trying THE DOOR WILL OPEN.
A few things I kept in mind

  • Have a preliminary check up before Services Selection Board , in case you may need corrective measures for example something as basic as wax in the ears can get a TR (temp rejection). I saw an ENT guy before I went for Services Selection Board.
  • There is a temptation to drink and celebrate after you have cleared the Services Selection Board , don’t do so, not only is it against the rules, but don’t screw your medicals by consuming alcohol, you have come so far be patient.
  •  They key to success was the group that I had, which was super cooperative; the sum of a team is greater than its individual parts.
  • Studied and worked hard on GK and current affairs, three newspapers and I repeat again, CSR.
  • Most importantly I didn't give up, just two months before I had been rejected by Services Selection Board  Allahabad. I told myself I will come back stronger."

 (Published by the team of TERRITORIALS)

53 comments:

  1. Wow Jairaj. Thanks for this article. The insight you have provided is invaluable. I will be going over your write-up many times in the months to come. It's not everyday that people take the time out to help others succeed. I really appreciate this; I'm sure so do many others. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro this is too gud, do you mind if I share it with the other guys along with your name..

    Chest No 25

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing.. just amazing.. breathes a fresh life into ones lungs. dedicated especially to all repeaters with a NSG (never say giveup ) attitude..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi jairaj, nice reading, can u write ur PIB experience as i m going to PIB exam in feb

    ReplyDelete
  6. jairaj singh bisht30 January 2012 at 00:32

    in my opinion the pib is more difficult than the ssb interview as you are interviewed only for approx 3 mts, due to no of candidates and time constraint, there is almost no chance to redeem yourself incase you make a bad impression, unlike the ssb interview which is for apprx 45 mts, where you can create a favourable impression despite a bad start. its important to make every word and gesture count.
    its more like a speed date where you get very little time to make an impression in case the begining is not good
    a few tips
    1) reach the center early , so that ur documents are scrutinised and cleared. its on a first come basis,the earlier u r cleared the earlier the interview .
    2) make sure all ur docs are in proper order or u wont be cleared for interview.
    3) be dressed properly and formally. formal shirt with collar , tie, trousers, formal shoes with laces, shaven and hair cut. no jeans , sneakers, t shirts, stubble or unkempt hair. PLAESE LOOK LIKE AN OFFICER. due to the shortness of the interview , your attire and presentation counts, your first impression is most likely your last.
    4) the interview panel has a minimum of three members , usually a maj general,brigadier and civilian (usually a professor). please dont be intimidated , they are thre to select you , not strangle you. i know its easier said than done
    5) very important to note before you go for the interview you are made to fill a personal questionnaire, regarding education , upbringing, hobbies and interests. almost all questions in the pib will be direced to u on behalf of the details u fill up. please do not lie or exaggarate . if u r a graduate , dont be embarassed to say so , it doesnt matter if u r not an mba, they are looking for for soldiers not einsteins, i am just a simple graduate and i wrote so. as far as hobbies i saw a lot of candidates writing , hiking , mountaineering, rafting, para gliding and so and so forth, do not write stuff u havent done , the army officers interviewing u have done a lot of it, and will grill u and expose u if u r lying. just write wat u have done and have a knowledge of ,so when u r questioned you will be able to hold ur own. in my case i wrote just two -- cricket, which i played at first div level and krav maga(martial art) which i did at elementary level. no need to exaggarate.
    6) prepare short speech describing ur family ,upbringing, education, work, sporting acheivements and hobbies. its should be around a minute long not more or preachy. the first question u r normally asked when u enter is "tell us something about urself". this is usually ur selling point , make it clear to the point and comprehensible. i prepared a self description and woult time it , normally around 45-60 seconds.be honest.
    7) normally u will be thrown a question regarding what u have filled in the questionnaire, or a gk question. the question will be based related to ur education or job or on current affairs / gk. answer honestly , if you dont know the correct answer simply say " i am sorry sir , i dont the answer to the question" dont beat around the bush , i have personally known many people who have been honest in their not knowing the correct answer and have cleared not just pib , but also ssb. thus its very important what all u write in the personal questionnaire before the pib.
    8) sit in a comfortable posture, no slouching, crossing legs , twitching, or shouting , appear CALM although u will be exploding inside.
    9) never argue or be abrupt or curt, always be polite and calm no matter how hard u r grilled. a lot of times the officers will push u around to the limit to see how much pressure and stress u can take.
    the first time i argued and guess what i was rejected.
    points are given for attire, presentation, knowledge, composure demenanour confidence and character.
    like i said before it will be just around 3 make everything count.
    this is based on my own experinces (4 pibs) , other individual experinces may vary.
    all the best and GOD bless. never give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot jairaj, this will be very very much helpful for my PIB, if i pass my written exam :)

      Delete
  7. sir, on my way to my unit, thanks alot for all the help in person and thru ur blog. especially during those days , when i faced disappointment and failure. rgds jairaj singh bisht

    ReplyDelete
  8. U are a fighter bro.. All the best in life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mr. Jairaj, your experience is encouraging me all time. Thanks for writing. I will need your help for PIB and SSB also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Mr. Jairaj...
    I want to ask one question (might be silly),about PIB. Is it necessary to speak in English in PIB while facing to the interview panel?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning friends... and thanks to Mr. Jairaj,

    your experience, guidelines were very helpful to me in the PIB that I have attended recently. I have gone through the guidelines you provided on this blog i.e proper dressing, confidence, communication etc. Now, I want to ask you one thing that what is the 'CSR' that you mentioned for SSB preparation? Please, let me know abut this so I can prepare myself for the same. Thank you once again and thanks to Mr. Surender Singh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations on your success, csr is competition success review, very vry helpful, escpecially gk and mental reasoning and ability, it is a monthly publication

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I am disqualified in PIB.
    I will try for next attempt in June. Jairaj, me and my friend wants to meet you to know more about all these processes of TA.
    I hope you would also like to meet us and encourage. We lives in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Surender Sir,
    Thanks a ton for creating this blog. It is indeed a light house for us. Have cleared the PIB from Southern Cmnd. and waiting for SSB call.
    Dear Jairaj Sir,
    Your experiences and more importantly your detailed briefs will remain with me throughout, especially during the SSB. Thanks and all the best.
    The internet has indeed brought the world more closer than one can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sameer, Congratulations..
    I was also in southern command on the day of PIB, but unfortunately I was unsuitable for SSB. Please shae your experience of SSB that you will be going to appear. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does any one have info on the PARA batallions at Bangalore and Deolia that come under TA? Do they also undergo para training and qualification?

    Thanks,

    Siddharth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sameer Tarkar9 May 2012 at 14:13

    TA notification is out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thnx for your valuable information . but I applied only one time and didn't get any call lettr. hw can i understand that my application was rejected on what basis?
    Sir,
    I m very disire to join army bt my age not permit so i m applying for TA . My father was also in Army in the rank of Havaldar in EME .

    ReplyDelete
  19. its best to submit your apllication by hand, i have always done that.incase there is any discrepancy or lack of documents they tell u there to correct it

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a serving Central Govt. Officer. Is it necessary to have permission at the time of sending application to group HQ TA. Or weather they require this permission at the time of PIB at TA Group HQ.
    Amit Singh Bisht

    ReplyDelete
  21. at the time of sending your applcation, you need the noc. however i have seen people getting it at time of pib also. to be on the safe side send it with ur application, and preferably give it by hand, so the clerk can tell u if anything else is required, for example the first time i gave my application, i had forgot to give a self attested envelope, the clerk asked me to get one. all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi all, i got recommended for TA from Allahabad SSB last week. I wouldnt have been able to do it without help from Jairaj. I went through this blog a zillion times this year. Reading jairaj's observations on SSB and PIB is better and far more informative and insightful than any coaching class. This is an excellent blog. Many many thanks to Surinder Singh Sir for helping first timers like me achieve their dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi padmaj congratulations to u, pls share ur experience about written test and pib...so that we can have some idea...i have applied this year for TA...:)

      Delete
    2. Hi padmaji and Jairaj Ji...its feels motivating to read your blogs so usefull for all TA aspirant,,, please also share your experience in Unit also...thnx

      Delete
  23. Hello all. I will be taking the TA written exam for the first time in august, this year. I wanted to know about the questions asked in PIB. Can anyone here please give me a detailed summary?? Regards..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Padmaj.. where did you attended the PIB?

    ReplyDelete
  25. 1. Prepare English essay writing on current affairs.
    2. General study questions UPSC standard.
    All the best for PIB guys.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Friends, I want to share one of my last time experience with TA. Before TA Entrance Exam, when my TA Application was back to me because I had not provided the two extra passport photographs and the date to send it back to TA headquarters was gone, I was totally disappointed, but my friend told me that, you just send it and I did. Before five days of TA Entrance Exam I got the Admit card, and I got clicked one thing that the Men in Uniform not only follows discipline but also understand feelings, after all they are also Human Beings...

    ReplyDelete
  27. i want to know one thing that if anyone TA as a doctor then also he has to go same soldier training ..

    ReplyDelete
  28. can anybody plz tell me how long is the TA officers training and all abt it.. i was in IM. but due to some severe injury had to withdraw. so am bein very careul at every step. n be more prepared durin my training too. as my passion is still strong 4 dis orgnstn.
    so kindly inform me d details am goin 4 the TA ssb in jan 2013. b4 dat i want 2 b very clear.
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi guys i had posted my questions abt TA but stil it has not been posted here?????
    kindly assist..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Bro...
    Medical standards are same for TA.
    Minimum service is two months every yr.
    Do well in SSB.

    ReplyDelete
  31. does the medical board show some leniency for the TA candidates compared to the nda/cds candidates?

    ReplyDelete
  32. same as regular bro.... Dont think abt all such issues.

    ReplyDelete
  33. is anybody allowed to change his present govt job after getting selected in TA?
    does it require to obtain any permission from TA authority for changing present job?

    ReplyDelete
  34. No restrictions as such, one has to info TA abt change in job and address.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Respected Surender Sir....
    Well I am Nitish Das n coming PIB is making me tensed.... I have faced many failure for past 2 years in bank.... I was trying for bank exams earlier but couldnt make it though..... Will u plz help me this time in Army as my PIB is near.... N I read ur full blog n I tell U sir that I love it alot..... Really thank U sir.... Well me from Army background dad was Col in AEC... So me also wanted to try but need alot of guidance.... Sir if possible then will u plz send me ur contact number..... Plz sir I need ur guidance as me broken into many pieces after soo long failure but still I believe that I will one day become Army Officer..... Sir I am leaving here my email id n contact no will be happy to have a conversation with u....
    Nitish Das :- nitishdas24@gmail.com
    contact no :- 09410455981
    plz sir consider me ur younger brother n help me to become Army Officer by guiding me.... Will be obliged to U Sir.....
    Thank You Sir
    waitin 4 ur reply....

    ReplyDelete
  36. dont loose heart bro.... u ll succeed. pl refer ur mail accnt for my no.

    ReplyDelete
  37. hi all, could you please tell when the result of PIB is declared. is it on the day of PIB or later?

    ReplyDelete
  38. hi everyone,
    i have cleared PIB(enquired telephonically) from western command,Chandigarh held from 20th to 21st feb 2013. but not recieved call letter yet, How much is the time gap between PIB result and SSB.

    ashish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait for a month bro... It will reach or else contact on phone.

      Delete
  39. Hi,
    I am trying to convince my Employer to let me be part of TA. One questions they had was if the embodiment in training or service is known before hand, how much notice is given to the TA officer about his upcoming embodiment? Leave aside national emergencies ofcourse.

    Thanks,
    prashant

    ReplyDelete
  40. Generally two months.... But nothing is fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i am 25 if i go for ta can i serve on regular basis in infantry and for how many years ......and can u pls let me know which infantry regiments are regular becoz i have heard that certain ta inf regiment a ta officers can serve on regular basis..pls guide me quite confused

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can serve on regular basis based on requirement of the organization. Pl don't consider TA as a backdoor entry for regular army. It is in principle for employed people only.

      Delete
  42. but i have known people who have been in ta and been drawn into regular army .i also checked in wiki and it says ....Muthukrishnan Iyyappan, commissioned in 1999 was the first officer of the Territorial Army to be permanently seconded to the regular army.so it not true

    ReplyDelete
  43. It appears that u have not even read this blog completely. Please read the article "How to Join the TA" including comments. You may also refer my book for all information in detail. It costs only 400/-

    ReplyDelete
  44. Guys you can check your Written Result for Aug 2013 on the below website

    http://www.territorialarmy.in/

    ReplyDelete